Saturday, July 28, 2012

Knowing your personality type helps.

ESTJ Personality TypeI believe it would be quite helpful for people in their early 20's to know his or her individual personality type.

Speaking for myself, if I had known mine, some of the decisions I made back in my early to mid 20's I probably would not have made. I guess it's all about the learning from experience approach.

I've taken the Myer's - Brigg's personality assessment a few times and each time I've been categorized as an "ESTJ" personality type or similar. It's comforting to know that all the professional positions I have held over the years lend well to this personality type. However, these past 15 or so years, I did not fully comprehend the worth of knowing my type and taking advantage of it.

If I had fully appreciated knowing what being an ESTJ meant, I would have focused on the strengths of this "type" and utilized this knowledge to benefit my profession and my personal relationships better. I would have pursued my interest in psychology much sooner then I did. I would have paid better attention to what personality types I was compatible with.

But guess what? I'm practicing that I can't dwell on what could have been and to focus instead on what I can do for my future. I am fully aware of  what my personality is now and I will take one day at a time to pursue a more fulfilling lifestyle. I challenge you to do the same.

Take the free personality test
Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment